St Andrews Baptist Church is a local church built upon the basic foundational truths of Christianity, as revealed in the Bible.
- Regarding God we believe that there is one living and true God who lives eternally in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Regarding God's Reign we believe that God is the creator and sustainer of all things; He is sovereign in revelation, redemption, reconciliation and final judgment.
- Regarding God's Word we believe that the Bible, as originally given, is the inspired and infallible Word of God. It is the supreme authority in all matters of belief and behaviour.
- Regarding God's Image in Humankind we believe that humankind has been created by God, male and female, in dignity and in His own image, to live in loving fellowship with him.
- Regarding Sin we believe that all people are corrupted by sin and are therefore alienated from God and subject to His condemnation.
Regarding Hope for Humanity we believe that our hope of reconciliation to God rests alone in salvation through His Son, the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Regarding Jesus Christ we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ, God's incarnate Son, is fully God; He was born of a virgin; His humanity is real and sinless; He died on the cross, was raised bodily from death and is now reigning over heaven and earth.
- Regarding Salvation we believe that human beings are redeemed from their sinful state and are reconciled to God only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of their representative and substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between them and God.
- Regarding Justification by Grace we believe that those who repent of their sins and trust in Christ for redemption are pardoned and accepted in God's sight only because of the righteousness of Christ credited to them; this justification is God's loving act of undeserved mercy, received solely as His free gift of grace and not by their own efforts.
- Regarding Faith we believe that God the Holy Spirit alone enables sinners to turn to God from their sin and to trust in Jesus Christ. He unites sinners with Christ through new birth and lives in all who believe. He empowers them for discipleship, growth in Christlikeness, and witness to the world.
- Regarding the Church we believe that the Church, both universal and local, is the Body of Christ to which all true believers belong, whose primary purpose is to display God’s glory and to share the good news of His loving salvation through faith, word and deed.
- Regarding Ordinances we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ established two ordinances to be practised by His Church, believers’ baptism and the Lord's Supper (Communion).
- Regarding the Future we believe that the Lord Jesus Christ will return in person, to judge everyone, to execute God's just condemnation on those who have not repented and to receive the redeemed to eternal glory.